Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Collina's

I recently had the pleasure of going to Collina's. It is an Italian place on 19th. Complete with red checkered table clothes, BYOB, and home made foccia..this place is one of my top favs for pizza. Every time i go in there I seem to miss their daily specials which always look amazing but order pizza instead and have not been disappointed yet.

We included a table of four and were sat immediately. It took a bit of time for the waiter to finally come to our table and get waters and wine glasses but I refuse to blow off restaurants because of slightly slow service. We brought our own bottle of wine and they charged $1 per person for a corking fee...which I am fine with since I didn't have to pay a ridiculous mark up on some crap bottle of wine. We ordered the fried calamari to start and a margarita pizza for dinner.

Hands down best pizza I have ever had. The combination of melted cheese, tomatoes and chopped basil sends your mouth in a fury of mouth watering goodness. The calamari wasn't to shabby either. It was lightly breaded and served with a marinara sauce that obviously didn't come from Chez Ragü.

Overall I give Collina's 8 out of 10 forks. Fork Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment